Haileybury Almaty strives to deliver an education of the highest possible standard to all pupils. We believe that both pupils and staff are accountable for academic performance and therefore a rigorous process of quality assurance is embedded through the school.
Rigorous quality assurance gives confidence in teachers' judgements and provides assurance to parents and others that all learners receive appropriate recognition for their achievements and are progressing in line with expectations.
- Management: Teachers and tutors are encouraged to review their performance, identify and implement action needed, and to set targets that will benefit their students and their own professional development.
- Moderation: Moderation of teacher assessment is regularly performed throughout the year at faculty and subject level. This ensures consistency of marking across subjects, year groups and key stages.
- Homework Policy: The quality, frequency and level of challenge of homework is regularly reviewed throughout the year and to ensure that homework is set inline with the homework policy.
- Learning Walks: We regularly observe groups of pupils throughout the year, looking for evidence of Haileybury Habits and engagement.
- Lesson Observations: Teachers and form tutors are observed by their Heads of Faculty and Heads of Key Stage respectively, to ensure that the highest standards are maintained. These observations enable teachers and tutors to work to their strengths and to further develop other areas of their teaching or tutoring.
- Peer Observations: We encourage an open door policy and the sharing of best practice. We encourage teachers to observe peers outside of their specific area of expertise in order to gain a holistic view of the practice within the school.
- Student Meetings: After every Key Assessment each pupil’s performance is discussed to ensure that they are making appropriate levels of progress and intervention strategies are discussed and then actioned.
- Key Assessments and Reports: Assessment of pupils learning takes place at regular intervals throughout the year. Short Reports and Full Reports are shared with pupils and parents. The next learning steps are identified to enable our pupils to make good progress.
- Professional Development: Teachers and Tutors are actively supported by Haileybury Almaty in their professional development. This is done through teacher training days, access to online courses and seminars, attending professional development courses and inviting speakers to give presentations and workshops.